Crosstex Quality Control (QC) Test Suspensions are ready-to-use microbial suspensions containing a consistent number of microorganisms delivering exceptional accuracy for Qualitative Microbiological Quality Control.
A large number of strains are available for applications in the pharmaceutical, medical device, food and water testing industries.
QC Test Suspensions can be used as qualitative reference standards in most USP, EP and JP industry methods and pharmacopeial chapters.
- All suspensions comply with the requirement f or population of <100 colony forming units (CFUs) and are guaranteed to be within five passages of an original stock culture
- QC Test Suspensions are provided as pure cultures in 2.5 mL or 10 mL volumes containing 25 or 100 doses (0.1 mL each)
- Store suspensions under refrigerated conditions between 2°C to 8°C
- QC Test Suspensions are sold in glass vials with screw-top caps containing a septum. The screw-top cap with septum allows for access using either a pipette or a needle and syringe
- The organisms can be used to manufacture suspensions with population levels up to 106 /0.1 mL or higher.
Please inquire for information on population levels greater than 100 (CFU’s) /0.1 mL for the QC Test Suspension organisms
Some of the most common testing applications are listed below:
Growth Media Testing; QC Test Suspensions provide a quality control challenge to each batch or lot of medium, ensuring its growth promoting qualities, whether it is prepared internally from basic ingredients or purchased commercially prepared.
Inoculate each batch or lot of medium directly without rehydration, dilution or reconstitution.
Visible growth after incubation indicates the culture medium is conducive to organism growth.
Sterility Assurance Testing; QC Test Suspensions meet the requirements of USP <71>, EP 2.6.1 and JP 4.06 Sterility Tests.
Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing; QC Test Suspensions can be used when antimicrobial activity is required to prevent microbial proliferation or to limit the effect of contamination.
|Number of Passages from Source
||=100 Colony Forming Units (CFU’s)/0.1 mL
||No evidence of contamination with other microorganisms